An Overview of Arcade Parts and My Arcade Purchase/Modding Experience


This is a quick write-ups on my journey of getting know more about arcade parts. As time goes I will be attempting to perform better mods for my arcade parts.

Overview

Arcade parts are generally categorized into two market: (i) Asian/Japanese market which uses the highly reputable Sanwa or Seimitsu parts; and (ii) the American/European market where Euro IL is the more iconic among others competitors such as Suzo-Happ.

Some history about Happ and Euro IL

Originally Happ and Euro IL are joint companies. But they later split and Happ is merged and rebranded as Suzo-Happ whereas Euro IL is still operating in their own. Euro IL parts are typically regarded as having higher quality due to their own manufacturing and production line in Switzerland. Suzo-Happ, on the other hand, manufactures their parts in China. So the quality might be questionable here. This also explains the reason why Euro IL parts tends to be slightly expensive comparing to Suzo-Happ parts despite them being the same thing. For example:
- Suzo-Happ Competition Joystick vs EuroStick IL
- Suzo-Happ Competition Push Buttons vs EuroStick IL Short Stem


Arcade Parts

The Best That $$ Can Buy

  • Japanese Arcade Parts - Sanwa and Seimitsu
  • American/European Arcade Parts - Euro IL 

Push Buttons

Push buttons varies in size, with the most common ones being 28mm (found in US/EU arcade) and 30mm (found in JP arcade). Other smaller or larger size exist too such as 24mm that is used as the 'Start' button in some of the Arcade Stick.

Should I get the Japanese (Sanwa/Seimitsu push buttons) or EuroStick

Before answering this question, you might want to find out which region is your arcade stick or arcade cabinet. Most arcade fight sticks from major manufacturers such as MadCatz, Hori, and Qanba are having the 30mm push button hole size. American bartop cabinet usually came with 28.5mm (1 1/8 inch) button holes.

My Suggestion

Personally I prefer the JP Sanwa buttons much more than the Euro IL. Not that the Euro IL is inferior in any way (it is the best arcade parts manufacturer in the US/EU), but the button pressing experience that is totally different. The Sanwa buttons requires much less activation force before the input is registered, in fact, it is registered even if you slightly touches the edges of the buttons. Having accustomed to the habit of using controllers which typically uses less force to press the buttons, I found the sensitivity to be the very sweet spot. Euro IL buttons do requires a slightly larger force before it is activated.
If you were to ask me for an analogy, I would be comparing a WWF SuperStar wrestler against martial art fighter. The former would prefer the Euro IL whereas the later would prefer the Sanwas.


Where to Purchase

Here are some of the online store where I purchased my arcade parts. They are listed in no particular order of preference.


FocusAttack (US)
  • Very reasonably priced items
  • Very fast shipping, and I meant it especially when using the DHL Express shipping options. I managed to got my parts just within 5 days (including weekends) when shipped to Malaysia. Their DHL Express shipping option is cheaper than USPS Priority Express too since they partnered with DHL.
  • Method of contact: FaceBook. The store owner himself will personally respond to your PM in time within 12 or at most 24 hours. Great customer support!
ParadiseArcade (US)
  • A highly recommended store and the owner is very active in Shoryuken forums too.
  • Offers a wide variety of customized in-house arcade parts not found elsewhere such as the Kaimana RGB LED Board, coming OBSF switches that uses Cherry MX switches, etc.
  • Offers a very competitive price too for their parts.
  • I've still yet to purchase anything from them since they had closed their store due to relocation and will only open in August 1.
Akiharaba (JP)
  • Stocks a wide range of reasonable priced Japanese arcade parts. In fact you'll find that their prices are probably the cheapest among all stores since the parts are made in Japan.
  • Notably famous for their in-house design dual mod PS360+ PCB controller board which works with either PlayStation or X-Box 360 home gaming console.
  • Offers the cheapest EMS shipping options in Asia. Again that might be different if you are shipping it to US or Europe.
  • It might takes anytime between 3 weeks to 1 month or more for them to send out the items, especially when the items are not in stock. They just started to ship it today because some of the items are unavailable at the time of my order (their website doesn't reflect this though). It is best to order elsewhere if you want to get your parts in a hurry.
  • I bought most of the screws, nuts, mounting plates, Sanwa and Seimitsu ball tops and joysticks from them since I am in no hurry to get them. It would cost me probably 50% more if I were to purchase the same parts elsewhere.
  • Best contact method: Messaging system in their ordering history
ArcadeWorld (UK)
  • They stock some of the arcade parts that you can't find elsewhere such as Ultimarc SpinTrak (a high resolution rotary spinner). I actually placed my order on these
  • Offer DHL and airmail (if total items weight below 2KG). I chose airmail to save up the cost and it turned out to be my worst choice ever. It's been almost a month now since they shipped it and I've still find no traces of the tracking updates... Definitely choose DHL if I were you.
  • Best contact method: email. Their customer support is top notch and they would be more than happy to help you purchasing the parts you need. In fact I've been using email to communicate with their staff Andy over 2 weeks before finalizing my purchase!

Best Place for Arcade Parts/Sticks/Cabinet Discussion

10 comments

Do you want to start up a new business? And you need huge finance to start your business today??? Do you need a trustable loan company with a low interest rate of 3%??? Contact Mr Thomas at Thomasrivera101@outlook.com or call +1-631-542-4685

Reply

Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Diabetes,Fibroid...

Reply

Hello everyone i am happy to spread my testimony of a strong spell caster called Dr Great. I'm Kaitlyn Houston and i live in USA, my husband and i had a little fight because of that he wanted to divorce me i was so afraid to lose him because i love him very much so i search online for help and i saw a lot of people's testimonies on how Dr Great help them and came out with positive results like Divorces, Cancers, lotteries, fertilities and others. So i emailed him and told him my problem and he told me what to do and I did it as he instructed, 24 hours later he told me he is done with the spell and my husband will no longer divorce me and when my husband came back from work he told me he won't divorce me anymore he said he didn't know what came over him that he is sorry I was so happy and I thank Dr Great for his help If you need Dr Great help email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com my page https://kaitlynhouston19.blogspot.com you can also add him him on WhatsApp +2348118829899 and he will put an end to your problem

Reply

Hello everyone i am happy to spread my testimony of a strong spell caster called Dr Great. I'm Kaitlyn Houston and i live in USA, my husband and i had a little fight because of that he wanted to divorce me i was so afraid to lose him because i love him very much so i search online for help and i saw a lot of people's testimonies on how Dr Great help them and came out with positive results like Divorces, Cancers, lotteries, fertilities and others. So i emailed him and told him my problem and he told me what to do and I did it as he instructed, 24 hours later he told me he is done with the spell and my husband will no longer divorce me and when my husband came back from work he told me he won't divorce me anymore he said he didn't know what came over him that he is sorry I was so happy and I thank Dr Great for his help If you need Dr Great help email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com my page https://kaitlynhouston19.blogspot.com you can also add him him on WhatsApp +2348118829899 and he will put an end to your problem

Reply

Hello everyone i am happy to spread my testimony of a strong spell caster called Dr Great. I'm Kaitlyn Houston and i live in USA, my husband and i had a little fight because of that he wanted to divorce me i was so afraid to lose him because i love him very much so i search online for help and i saw a lot of people's testimonies on how Dr Great help them and came out with positive results like Divorces, Cancers, lotteries, fertilities and others. So i emailed him and told him my problem and he told me what to do and I did it as he instructed, 24 hours later he told me he is done with the spell and my husband will no longer divorce me and when my husband came back from work he told me he won't divorce me anymore he said he didn't know what came over him that he is sorry I was so happy and I thank Dr Great for his help If you need Dr Great help email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com my page https://kaitlynhouston19.blogspot.com you can also add him him on WhatsApp +2348118829899 and he will put an end to your problem

Reply

Useful article, thanks dude.

Reply

GET RICH WITH THE USE OF BLANK ATM CARD

Has anyone here heard about blank ATM card? An ATM card that allows you to withdraw cash from any atm machine in the world. No name reqiured, no address required and no bank account required. The atm card is already programmed to dispense cash from any atm machine worldwide.I heard about this atm card online but at first i didnt pay attention to it because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got the card from guarantee atm card vendor.We both went to the ATM machine center and confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Ever since then I’ve been withdrawing $2000 to $5000 daily from the blank ATM card & this card has really changed my life financially. I just bought an expensive car and am planning to get a house. For those interested in making quick money should contact them on: Email address, blackatmcard12@gmail.com

whatsap no:+13235450209

Reply

Informative post for us! Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog. Nursing Assignment Help UK

Reply

How can I get a refund in advance from TurboTax?

Unquestionably, TurboTax appears to be an outstanding Tax calculating software that ensures reliability and trust. Yet it is true that the users of TurboTax keep on encountering technical pitfalls associated with TurboTax advance loan 2022 or issues related to refund. To seek a refund advance from TurboTax, you are supposed to apply a few steps. Before you file, you must choose refund advance. You must open a checking account. Then if approved, your refund could be simply deposited into your checking account without any fuss just after the IRS accepts your return. So, if you do follow these steps, you will be able to resolve and troubleshoot your problems without any fuss.

Reply

Why won't Canon printer won't print in color?

It can be frustrating when your Canon printer won't print in color, mainly if you depend on it for important tasks. There could be several reasons why your printer isn’t printing in color. If the printer uses outdated ink cartridges, for example, the colors won’t be as vivid and saturated as they should be. Additionally, dust and other debris can clog up the print heads, resulting in less-than-ideal prints. Finally, even the most basic color settings can make a huge difference in print quality. Whatever the cause for the Canon printer won't print in color, there are a few steps you can take to try to fix the problem. Start by cleaning your print heads and replacing old ink cartridges with fresh ones. Make sure you’re using good quality paper appropriate for the type of prints you’re trying to make.

Can I Lock My Facebook Profile in USA?

If you have query about can I lock my Facebook profile in USA then yes, you can definitely lock the profile. To lock your Facebook profile, you can either do it from browser or mobile application. If you wish to do it from mobile application then open Facebook app and click to profile. Choose three dot menu icon which is next to add to story. Here, you will see a lock profile option, click on it. The next page will offer brief about how it works with an option to lock your profile at bottom, click on it. This is how users can successfully lock their Facebook profile.

Why is the video not uploading to Facebook?

Failed uploads are another common issue preventing users from successfully uploading their video to Facebook. This could be due to a slow or unreliable internet connection or a problem with the video file itself. Either way, the upload process must be restarted to resolve the issue. Another issue for video not uploading to Facebook that may prevent you from uploading your video to Facebook is exceeding the file size limit imposed by the platform. Facebook limits videos to 1GB in size or 20 minutes in length, whichever is smaller. If your video exceeds these limits, you must reduce the file size before uploading it again.

What is the B8047A26 HP error code?

The B8047A26 HP error code is a common issue with Hewlett-Packard (HP) printers that can cause printing to stop. This error code typically occurs when the printer cannot detect the correct version of the driver or an existing driver is not working correctly. In most cases, this issue is caused by incompatible drivers, outdated software, or incorrect network settings. When the B8047A26 error occurs, you may notice that the printer stops responding to print commands or that printing is sluggish. The display panel on the printer may also show the B8047A26 HP error code.

Reply

Post a Comment

If you found this article or post helpful to you, feel free to enter your comments below ;)