Updated thought on my purchase for Nexus One

Before I proceed further, it is suffice to say that if I haven't heard of HTC Desire I would have owning Nexus One (N1) by now.

Here's some features offered by Desire which could not been found on N1:

HTC Sense UI (updated with Android 2.1)
I couldn't resist the elegant and simplified look of Sense UI by HTC. Every menu is accessible easily and it really make Android 2.1 shine. Personally I like the dial pad white-ish skin and the bottom screen menu (<>). It will definitely make me easier to call someone without needing to go to the home screen and click on the Phone app.

Although it's just a matter of time before someone will port the Sense UI ROM over N1, it's just feels good to own a Desire as it's the native ROM. Definitely great for Android beginner like me who doesn't want to void the warranty by rooting and flashing the ROM.

Physical accessible button at the bottom of the device
N1 had several issue with it's non-responsive touch sensitive button located at the bottom of the screen. Some user claimed that one will need to tap upper middle from those button for the tap to be detected. I do prefer physical button as it provide me a tactile feel like I had actually press on something.

RAM (576MB over 512 MB)
Now that's 64MB difference. Don't think that it's just a small amount of RAM. Those 64MB could determine the performance of your phone when running multiple app on the background.

FM Radio Transmitter
Well I seldom listening to radio but I suppose it might comes in handy for some people without the need to purchase any additional FM transmitter.

Optical touch button
HTC claimed that it should provide more accurate pinpointing while using it compared to N1 physical trackball. I do prefer it as it won't attract dust after prolonged use compared to the trackball.

Now here's what N1 got and Desire lack:

Growing LED on the trackball
The LED will grow in different color based on several different notification such as unread SMS message, unread email and miss calls. Nothing big deal for me as I won't be paying much attention to it while it's on my pocket anyway. Notification sound would suffice.

1 noise-canceling mic
Too bad Desire is lacking it. Perhaps the built-in primary mic on Desire could perform noise-canceling effect as well as processing voice?

Conclusion
Well after watching several videos and reading some reviews about N1 and Desire, I guess I would definitely wait for HTC Desire. March/April shouldn't be farther away from now isn't it?