This is the FIRST of the THREE part posts that I wrote to share my experience to mod my X-Arcade TankStick.
See Part Two - My Complete Illustrated Experience to Mod X-Arcade TankStick to see a complete pictures showing you my progress of mounting/installing these parts inside the TankStick.
The first step is of course purchasing the arcade parts. Following are the arcade parts which I purchased from various sites:
- Euro iL Short Stem Convex 28mm Push Buttons
- Cherry DX44 Microswitches with 0.187" terminal size
- Kowal Universal Joystick Mounting Plate (to fit with American/European and Japanese joystick)
- Seimitsu LS-32
- Seimitsu LS-32-02 (same as LS-32 but with PCB mounted)
- Sanwa JLF
- Shaft cover and dust washer for Sanwa and Seimitsu Joysticks
- JLF-5H 5-Pin wire harness (to connect with the PCB on the Joystick)
- Restrictor Gates
I decided to split my order into two separate shipments with declared value of ~USD150 each in order to avoid having to pay for custom duty. I'm just glad I made the decision!
- Eurostick iL Arcade Joystick (White)
- SpinTrak Steering wheel
- Sanwa GT-0 Round Restrictor Gate
- Sanwa JLW-TM-8 Joystick with Fine Mesh Ball Top (Green)
- Euro iL Convex Arcade Start Button (Player 1 & 2)
- SpinTrak Arcade Spinner with red/silver handle and Large flyweight
More about the parts
|Ultimarc SpinTrak with Large Flyweight, Red Knob, and PCB|
|Euro iL Joystick (White)|
|Sanwa JLW Joystick and GT-O Circle Restrictor Gate|
See Part Two - My Complete Illustrated Experience to Mod X-Arcade TankStick to view my progress on modding the TankStick using these arcade parts.