Matriculation

For a boy who dislike outdoor activities and cherish the phrase "home sweet home" such as myself, going for a Pre-U lifetstyle means parting with my closest friends and family.

Yes, like MOST people who appealed for entry in matriculation, I'm currently feeling nervous yet exciting right now. Nervous because I do not know what lies ahead of my path ; exciting because I can finally try to live on my own, without relying on my mom and dad.

As you can see, or probably not if you haven't view my profile yet, my hometown is in Segamat, Johor. And guess what? I got an offer to matric at Penang - KMPP (Kolej Matrikulasi Pulau Pinang)! Consider the distance which will take approx. 7 to 9 hours of car journey, going there is also a problem. In fact, I had hear comments from people saying that KMPP is one of the best matriculation center available in our country if compared with other. I don't know whether this is true, or not. However, I do agree that living in a duty free country and a country far from my hometown will definitely increase my experience by a TON.

When it comes to living outside by your own, friend is indeed played an important role. Based on this fact, I hope I will manage to find some good friends when being there. Since there is only 10% of chinese students there, I think the odd for me to live with my another 3 roommates (malay) will probably higher than living with Chinese. I'm not a person that is race discrimination. It's just... Well, it will be quite comfortable if your roommates is with the same races as you did, don't you think so too?

By the way, wish me luck ya? I'm going for KMPP due 29th May 2007. It's kinda rush for me though. Thought I can enjoy my 2 weeks of holiday. Well, guess it's fate!

- D.Sync